Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Inspired Oaks of Righteousness

Inspired by an idea I saw on pinterest, I created a way to use an old Bible of mine, Mod Podge, canvas, and acrylics to display a powerful Scripture verse in my kitchen. 

I first took a scalpel and cut out random pages from the Bible. 



Then, I brushed Mod Podge over the canvas and layered the pages. 




Next, after the canvas was covered, I brushed more Mod Podge to seal the pages down.



Finally, using acrylic paint, I painted a tree and the Scripture verse. 


(Until I get the picture framed, I hot glued ribbon along the outside edges so that it has a finished look.)



Now, everytime I walk into the kitchen, I am reminded of what I may be called--oaks of righteousness--and why I should be a planting of the Lord--so that He may be glorified.  May you be inspired and reminded, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment