Saturday, January 28, 2012

God's Impeccable Timing

In a devotion I read yesterday, it said,"You will discover God's best in God's time. But you cannot rush the revelation of God's will for your life. Your understanding will follow once His work of grace has grown your trust and transformed your relationships. Jesus wants you to know Him deeper, before He leads you further." (Boyd Bailey, Wisdom Hunters). How deeply these truths cut into my deceptive, confused layers. All week it has been a battle to find joy. I fought for it, held onto it, but then, out of the blue, something would come along and knock it away from me.

At one point I cried out, "Why, God? Why?" because my vision of understanding was blurred and limited. Then, yesterday, God answered, and He answered with a victorious sound. The dust settled, the sun came out, and the trophy of joy sparkled once more in my hands. God is impeccable in His timing. Truly that devotion I read yesterday was meant for me. Truly God speaks to those who seek Him with questions and cries for help. Truly God's best comes in His time.

Admittedly, I often try to rush God's will for my life. I'm impatient. My failure to understand causes me to question God rather than to trust Him more. If I want to live a more intentional life, then I must learn to trust God more even when I do not understand His ways, His timing, and His silence. Trust is essential for me to rely on Him completely. Joy begins in trust. Therefore, even when I cannot see the reason or outcome in my next battle and I am being beaten by confusion, I must use the weapon of trust in order to receive the trophy of joy and the victory of God's best in His impeccable timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment