Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Proverbial Picture




Every year I must create an item that involves all of my students for our school's auction.  This year, a parent pulled an old frame out of a dumpster and gave it to me.  I love old frames.  I guess it's because I love the possibilities of filling them.  Perhaps we are all empty frames, and God is just waiting to fill us.  Think of the possibilities if we just let Him!  Here's how I made the auction item:

First, I chose a favorite Bible verse.  Then, inspired by the trendy photos that spell out words, I had my students pose as letters that would spell out certain words from that Bible verse.  I took and developed black-and-white pictures of them. 

 Next, I took a piece of hardboard (masonite works, too) and covered it with burlap, which I used hot-glue to secure the burlap. 

Then, I cut scrapbooking paper as backing and used adhesive tape to stick down the photos.  (I cut some of the paper with Fiskars Paper Edgers just to add some interest). 



Using my cricut cutter, I cut out the letters to the words that would fill in-between the photos.  I secured the photos and the letters with hot-glue.







I added embellishments to my design and to my lettering with adhesives from Recollections.




Finally, after having some glass cut to fit the frame, I framed my final product, added some backing, and voila!  An auction item was born!


2 comments:

  1. Saw your photo on Pinterest. This is so beautiful, thank you for sharing! We are thinking of doing something like this as a Pastor appreciation gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thank you for taking the time to comment! Would love to know (and see) what you created!

      Delete