Wednesday, January 2, 2013

RePURPOSEd


Tonight, I needed something to store my rolls of contact paper that I use on craft projects.  It was late.  I was too tired to even think of going out to search for something; so, I, instead, scrounged around my house to find something that I could repurpose.  I came upon, ironically in my craft room, this wire basket that was being used as a wastebasket. Perfect!  I thought.  I didn't have to spend any money, I didn't have to try to make something work because this just worked, and I didn't have to look any further than my own home.  I bet I have a ton of stuff that I could repurpose into items that I need.

So this got me thinking about how my life is with God.  He sees me--my talents, abilities, personality, intelligence--and He knows my purpose.  I like to think God repurposes me.  My work isn't complete just because I fulfilled a calling.  I believe God continues to call us according to His good purpose.  It's not a one time deal.  Just because I was called to be a "wastebasket" once, doesn't mean I won't be called to be used as a "storage unit" for another time.  I feel very much God is repurposing me at the present; perhaps, He is doing the same for you.  Let's allow Him to repurpose us for He can make beauty instead of ashes if we would just trust Him with our lives.


"...and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor."
Isaiah 61:3


No comments:

Post a Comment