Saturday, January 12, 2013

My Best

"Do your best. Work from the heart for your real Master, for God, confident that you'll get paid in full when you come to your inheritance. " 
--Colossians 3:23-24 (MSG)

Doing my best. Working from the heart. Trusting in a reward from God, not from men.  These would be three ways to live more simply and more intentionally.  Why must I make life more complicated?

A balanced life is a peaceful life.  I struggle with deadlines, because I'm a procrastinator, and with wanting to do more than what God has called me to do.  I struggle with wanting to fix things and people and with forcing my dreams to become realities.  I know, though, in all these struggles there are good intentions.  However, my good intentions are meaningless if I'm not doing my best, working from the heart, and trusting God.

Life moves quickly if our focus isn't on what God has purposed for our lives.  I know I want a more simplified, a more joy-filled, a slower-paced, and a more beautiful life.  What a reward that would be!  I vow, then, to do my best and work from the heart from this day forward.  I may fail, I may have setbacks, but I'm never going to lose my focus.  My eyes are forever fixed on Jesus, the author and perfector of my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment