Sunday, June 2, 2013

MoVing into the SheLter of GoD's WiNgs

In four weeks I will be moving from a place that has been my home for the last thirteen years to a place of homelessness (literally and figuratively).  Fears are rising up in me like lava in a volcano getting ready to erupt; and yet, I feel safe like King David did in the shadow of God's wings.  I feel His wings covering me, and I know that He has secured a new home for me.  Underneath His wings I cannot see what God sees, so I must trust.  I must surrender to Him.  If I don't, then eruption will happen and fears pouring out will destroy everything in their path.

Psalm 36:7 says, "How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings."  I love that.  If there is any reason to trust God, it is because His love is UNFAILING.  No matter if I've failed, God remains unfailing in His love and His love is perfect.  There is shelter not only under God's wings, but also in the the shadow of His wings!  How glorious!  With or without a home to move to, I have God's unfailing love and protection covering me.  He is my home.


No comments:

Post a Comment