Sunday, December 29, 2013

God at Work

"In his defense Jesus said to them, 'My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.'"
John 5:17
 
God is always at His work.  Hallelujah!  He does not rest.  He does not allow circumstances to change His course.  He does not complain.  He does not give up.  What He does do is allow us to work with Him.  Isn't that wonderful and amazing?!  He calls us to be a part of His work. 
 
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

Whether or not we choose to work with God, God will be at work.  Always.  If we do choose to work with Him, we are privileged to have God, who is at work, work for the good.  Hebrews 11:40 says that together with us will His plans be made perfect.  Couldn't you go for some perfect plans?  Who better to work with than God Himself?  Why, then, do we resist this partnership? 

I can tell you the reason I have resisted working with God: I don't understand the depth of His love for me.  I believe this is probably the reason we all keep our distance, keep from a fully committed relationship with God, keep from working with Him.  The thing is, the Almighty God in all His glory has chosen us to be His partner.  Us!  You and me. 

Whether or not we understand the depth of this incredible love and grace, we should at the very least accept it and take up His offer.  For me, this is one area I know I'll be asking God to specifically work on.  Thankfully, I am assured He will.  He is always at work.  To this very day.

No comments:

Post a Comment