Monday, February 24, 2014

Let God Be God


With a blink of an eye
You move mountains,
one exhale
and the sun rises.
You are God.
And yet, I try to create
You
to fit

me.
I confine
I limit
I humanize

The Almighty
and I become god.
Then I wonder
why
my life falls apart
like paper soaked in water too long
why

 I lose control
(I never had)
why
satisfaction
is too sizes too small
why
love is not enough
to keep people,
why
my soul yearns for truth
as a stomach starving for food
why
my feet move
but I travel nowhere.
O LORD,
You alone are God
the one real thing
the bread of truth
the satisfier of souls
the binding Love
the one in control

holding me together
and impelling my feet 
to go.
Oh! How the mountains move!
And the sun shines!
When I
let God be God.

.AMY.. 2010, revised 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment