Saturday, June 28, 2014

Enjoyment of Life

I'm totally a Groupon junkie.  I'm either daily on the website or scrolling through every email I get from the company just to see if there's any new adventure for me to go on, new class-be it art or exercise-to try, new product, or new restaurant.  Since moving to Houston a year ago and since coming from a small town, Groupon has been my tour guide, if you will, around this new city as well as my courage to go out and do something new.

My something new today, thanks to Groupon was a yoga class.  Well, truthfully, I tried "Yoga in the Park" last summer a couple of times, which takes place at Discovery Green (fun, free thing to do if you live in the Houston area), but that yoga class was more for simple stretching and breathing.  The yoga class I went to today was the real deal.  Balance and strength are definitely lacking for me, but I am determined to milk this Groupon for all its worth, which is unlimited yoga classes for a month.  Therefore, I have committed myself to doing yoga every day for the next 30 days with the exception of the week I will be out-of-town.  My goals are to strengthen and find my balance.

Why am I telling you all of this?  One, my gratitude for companies like Groupon, who make it possible for people like me to afford a new adventure; and yes, yoga counts as an adventure.  Two, don't be afraid to try something new.  I met some new people today, I got out of my monotonous routine, I pushed myself both physically and mentally, and I did something good for my body.  Three, God wants us to enjoy life.  He wants us to spread our wings, soar new heights, see new sights.  He wants us to interact with others and the world around us.  There is so much beauty in this world.  There is so much to see and do.  I encourage you to be bold, be brave, and go try something new.  Enjoy this life.  It is precious.  It is quick to change.  It is temporal.  Let us glorify God in everything we do. Namaste.

"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a person under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany them in their toil all the days of the life God has given them under the sun."
Ecclesiastes 8:15


No comments:

Post a Comment