Monday, April 6, 2015

Weekend Projects...Clearance to Priceless

"The Lord is gracious and merciful,
slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
The Lord is good to all,
and his mercy is over all that he has made."
~Psalm 145:8-9

I am a sucker for clearance racks/shelves.  I'm drawn to them like a cat to a can of tuna.  I don't just love a good deal.  I love finding something that looks a little ugly, a little banged-up, a little like a misfit and re-purposing it into something else...hopefully, better than before it was ever on clearance.

I recently visited a Marshall's Homegoods store and found this canvas art on clearance.  As much as I like owls, I wouldn't have ever EVER purchased this piece, but for $3.50, I snatched up this full-of-potential canvas art before it flew off the shelf into someone else's hands.  After a couple of hours of creating with some acrylic paint, mod podge and Bible pages, vintage lace, fabric flowers, and costume jewelry earrings, I had a new piece of art that I would definitely hang on my wall.  Goodbye owl; hello tree.

I think God sees us in the same way as I saw this owl--full of potential and better than the current condition of sitting on a clearance shelf.  He sees us as something He would want to hang on His walls.  He sees us a work of art needing the vision and touch of the Master Artist.  Ephesians 2:10 says we are His masterpiece--His workmanship--created to do good works.

Are you still sitting on a shelf not seeing your worth?  I know I have been.  Thank God for His Spirit of Truth!  We are more than this!  We are valuable, priceless masterpieces who Jesus died for in order to show us how worthy we are to Him!

Let's get off the shelves and into our Father's hands.  Let's allow our Heavenly Creator, design us with His love so that we look more like who He sees us to be. Then, let's hang proudly in His gallery, be displayed in His splendor, and know we were bought with a price (1Cor. 7:23)--one that keeps us in the gallery and never to be sold no matter who comes along to bid.  You are a work of art.  You are treasured.  You are valued.  You are more than what you may see now.  You are loved.  You are adored.  You are God's masterpiece.



No comments:

Post a Comment