Friday, July 12, 2013

Faith. Trust. Hope.

"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see."
Hebrews 11:1
Oswald Chambers says that faith is remaining true “to God’s character whatever He may do.”  Job said in chapter 13, verse 15, “Though he slay me, yet I will trust Him” (KJV).  Faith, trust, and hope are lost without each other.  My faith in God is meaningless unless I trust Him.  Hope doesn’t exist unless I have faith, and trust keeps both faith and hope activated.  Therefore, if I am losing hope, I need to check how my faith and trust are doing.  If my faith is weak, then perhaps my trust and hope are as well.  If I’m having a hard time trusting, then I’m probably not keeping the faith or hope intact. 

To remain true “to God’s character whatever He may do” is to step out boldly from the boat of fear and uncertainty and onto the water where my Lord is walking.  Unlike Peter, though, I must keep my eyes fixated on Jesus, so that when the waters rise or the wind blows, I won’t change my course, go my own way, or sink down into the depths of lost and confusion.   

No comments:

Post a Comment