Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A Poem Inspired by Psalm 46

God is our refuge and strength,
always ready to help in times of trouble.
So we will not fear when earthquakes come
and the mountains crumble into the sea.
Psalm 46:1-2


This is an incredibly inspiring chapter in the book of Psalm.  The writer is in total awe of God.  So am I...



Bring it! Bring what you got, Life!  

Bring all the ugly, the bad, the pain, 
the heartaches and heartbreaks.  
Bring it!  Come on!  
Try to take out from under me
this Solid Rock upon which I stand.
I dare you, Life! 
Because, guess what?  My God is bigger.  
He is better.  He is more powerful.  
He will devastate you, oh you troublesome Life! 
He is my Refuge.  No matter what you throw at me; 
He will protect me.  He is ready.  
Mountains like my finances, my job, my marriage, 
my family, my health, my security, my dreams may all crumble; 
but God, 
He is my strength.  He is my help.  
'Help? Ha!' you roar at me with thick yellow breath. 
'Where was He to help you when all of that was crumbling?  
When you were drowning in an ocean of sorrows and hurt and loneliness?  
Where was your help?'
In here.  The whole time.  I say as I point to my heart. 
Waiting.
'Waiting?' Life scoffs.
Yes, waiting on me.  To be still.  To let Him be God.
He has been ready.  
He is armed for battle.  And. Ready.
Be prepared, Life.
You ain't got the best of me.
The best of me is HIM.
And you ain't ever going to get Him!
This is why I don't fear you.  
I fear the one True Living God.
He is unshakable.
And though I may be broken by the earthquakes you've caused,
I will never be moved.  My God secures me.  
Forever.
And Life, you can't touch forever.
God's got that in His back pocket.
So, bring it!
Come on, Life! That the best you got?




No comments:

Post a Comment