Monday, March 2, 2015

MondayMoments...Perfectly Planned

God's timing is always spot on.  He not only speaks directly to your heart when you need it, but He also speaks precisely to your heart with what you need.

For the past two days He has been telling me the answers to the questions that I can't even form into words. (He will answer even those kind of questions...the ones we feel.) I have been struggling with the answers because they are ones that are challenging me to fully give myself to Him and to His plan.

He's been telling me to "pick up my cross" and follow Him, and He's been showing me that my cross is all the dreams I have had for my life.  Can you think of anything harder than to hand over all your dreams and say, "Ok. Whatever you got for me, God?"  I admire people who can do that.

I've been selfishly resistant.  I've been dragging my cross with me wherever He has called me.  Yesterday at church (of all places!) God spoke these words to me from Isaiah 55: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways...as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." (v.8-9)  I know that by dragging my cross, I'm not fully relying on God and His plan for my life.  I'm trying to hang onto my plan.  His command is for me to pick it up and follow Him.

Picking up my cross doesn't mean letting it go.  I thought that was what He was asking of me, which is why I've been resistant.  I've just now realized that He isn't, of course, insensitive or inattentive to my plan, which is why He said to pick it up...not leave it behind or lay it down or burn it.  No, God wants me to keep my plan, but not let it be a hindrance from following Him.  He wants this for you, too.  It's definitely much easier to walk when you're carrying something than when you're dragging it.

"We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps." ~Proverbs 16:9

So, I pray this finds you in God's perfect timing, and I pray you're encouraged that God cares about your dreams and your plan for your life.  He does want us to keep them, and He also wants us to follow Him.  His ways are most certainly higher.  Don't be discouraged when you don't understand what God is doing in your life.  The circumstance(s) you're going through now is all part of our Master's plan, and He is working it for good (Romans 8:28).  Keep the faith.  He knows precisely what you need and when you need it.






No comments:

Post a Comment