Tuesday, May 12, 2015

FaiTH.



"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."
~Hebrews 11:1

It is not enough to say, "I believe in God."  Do I truly believe God?  Do I trust His character?  Do I believe He is who He says He is?  Do I really rely on Him at all times and in all circumstances?  Do I have the kind of faith that not only can say to a mountain, "Go throw yourself into the sea," but also can believe the mountain will actually throw itself into the sea? (Matthew 21:21) I wish I could say I did.


The good news is that Jesus is the author AND perfecter of our faith. (Hebrews 12:2)  I don't need to have perfect faith.  I need to have Jesus.  How do I have Jesus? By faith.


Hmmm...so you see this is all connected.  The more I have Jesus, the more faith I have.  And the more faith I have, the more shield (Psalm 3:3) I have to counterattack the enemy and ward against his fiery darts of lies, doubts, and fears. 


So, it isn't enough to say, "I believe in God."  I have to take up and step behind that belief.  I have to act.  Someday, who knows?  Maybe you'll see a mountain in a sea and you'll wonder if it got there by someone's faith...someone like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment