Saturday, May 30, 2015

SuMMeR ReaDiNG


One of my favorite aspects of summer time is that I get to read for pleasure!  I read a lot during the school year, but it is all for the purpose of teaching.  In the summer I get to read for the purpose of enjoyment, entertainment, and enhancement.  Here are the 12 books that are on my summer reading list (mostly because they've been sitting by my bedside tempting me throughout the school year!):

  1. Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke
  2. Paper Towns  by John Green
  3. The Absolute True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
  4. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  5. Shoot the Moon by Billie Letts
  6. The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve
  7. Plainsong by Kent Haruf
  8. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
  9. The Distant Hours by Kate Morton
  10. She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
  11. The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be by Jack Canfield*
  12. In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day: How to Survive and Thrive When Opportunity Roars by Mark Batterson*

*Not pictured in the stack are two books that I have on my Kindle app and that I have begun already reading.  


I can hardly wait to devour these books!  What's on your reading list?

No comments:

Post a Comment