Sunday, September 20, 2015

DIY Project! ~ Scripture Calendar

Listen, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone. 
And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. 
Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

~Deuteronomy 6:4-9

God's holy Word is full of commands and compassion, and more importantly it is the truth by which we ought to live. Therefore, I'm determined to put TRUTH all over my house. 

Today, I made a Scripture Calendar.  I took an antique, wooden frame that I had already prewired with eyelet screws, attached wire to, and clipped on small wooden clothespins; a stack of Project Life cards that I purchased from Michaels craft store; and my computer and printer.

I printed the days of the month on one side of the Project Life cards, and then, printed some of my favorite scriptures on the other side (some of the cards already had sayings on them, so I didn't print scripture on them). I also used some cards to
make the calendar months of the year.  

Finally, I hooked them on using small wooden clothespins.  I really should get a bigger frame, but like I said, I already had this one (I use it for an advent calendar...stay tuned for that project idea).  

When the day begins, I can just flip the previous day over and read the encouraging words on the other side.   I'm so excited because this will be a great way for me to memorize scripture as well as be equipped for the day ahead!



I need more wall space. #problemsofsmallcondolivinginthecity #officespace

No comments:

Post a Comment