Monday, April 30, 2012

beLIeVE

We live what we believe.

If I believe I am a failure, then I will live my life disappointing people, I will be miserable, and I will not accomplish my goals.  If I believe that I am not beautiful, then I will live my life focusing on my flaws, comparing myself to others, and wasting my valuable resources of time and money trying to be something that I am not.  If I believe I can't, then I won't.

We live what we believe.

If I believe the words of Proverbs 3: 3-4 (ESV), then I will bind steadfast love and faithfulness around my neck and write them on my heart so that I will find favor and good success in the sight of God and man.  If I believe that I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14), that I am God's workmanship (Ephesians 2:10), and that I am precious and chosen by Him (1 Peter 2:4), then I will live a life holy, honorable, worthy, satisfied, and beautiful.  If I believe "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13 ESV), then I CAN do ALL THINGS. 

We live what we believe.

"We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ..." 
--2 Corinthians 10:5

No comments:

Post a Comment