Sunday, January 15, 2012

Worship

Intentional and inspirational living happens especially in worship. Worship should not be routine. It should not be habitual. Worship should be a desire of the heart. It should be intentional.

My desire to go to church to worship God is because of my need to respond to His love. One way I intentionally live for Him is in worship by making the songs and liturgy my own words. When the pastor is praying, I silently repeat some of his words, especially when he is praying for people of our congregation. Worship becomes more meaningful to me when I make it my own. Anything we do intentionally for God, comes back tenfold.

Psalm 86:11-12
Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment