Friday, August 3, 2012

Inspired by Peace

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." (John 14:27 ESV)

As if a violent storm in the night suddenly erupted, my peace was gone.  Next to patience, peace is a quality of the spirit that comes naturally to me, and it was gone, destroyed.  It was replaced with hurt, frustration, and insecurity.  I didn't recognize what had changed.  I just knew a storm had come and broken branches like hair clippings after a cut lay scattered about.  

After reading a Joyce Meyer devotion, which God specifically saved for me to read tonight and through the workings of the Holy Spirit, I saw what the storm had damaged: my peace.  Joyce Meyer said in her devotion that we have to be peaceful on purpose because peace is powerful and Satan will attack and destroy something that has that kind of power.  Jesus left His peace with us.  Satan doesn't want us to have anything that keeps us attached to Jesus.  "Let not your hearts be troubled," He said.  Don't you think He said that because He knew we would have troubled hearts if not peaceful ones? 

My heart has been troubled lately, and it's because I have been powerless without God's peace.  Thank you, Joyce Meyer, for being a vessel of inspiration.  Thank you, Lord, for speaking to me and for restoring my peace.  May the power of His peace be with you, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment